VISIA LAB is organized in cross-functional departments.
Multidisciplinary groups of workers from different professional or academic backgrounds collaborate on specific projects to increase creativity and share knowledge resulting in higher quality and faster solutions as a result.
- About 50% of the employees are graduates in various disciplines
- Multidisciplinary approach: widespread education in the fields of electronics, mechanical and computer engineering, biology, big data and other disciplines
- About 30% of human resources form the strategic research and development group, out of the total staff
- About 15% of gross annual revenue is constantly invested in research and development
- About 20% of the resources are female
VISIA for social
VISIA LAB is a reality strongly anchored to its territory, in fact more than 90% of VISIA human resources live and work in the Valdarno and in the neighboring areas.
Local roots are one of the elements of company cohesion and motivation. But not only that: many employees, starting from management, are active through so-called forms of CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility), although these activities are typical of larger companies.
The data clearly states: Corporate Social Responsibility is increasingly an important component of the activities of Italian companies.
According to the 2016 statistical survey (latest available) on corporate social responsibility, carried out by the Socialis Observatory, 80% of Italian companies declare that they are committed to CSR initiatives, where the average investment per company was equal to 184 thousand euros annual.
A trend dictated by consumers, but also by business partners, stakeholders, by an ever wider audience attentive to this type of issues in "judging" companies. The audience that increasingly demands from companies a responsible behavior towards employees and the community, an attitude that shares the difficulties of the moment. Unfortunately, these commitments are not always facilitated by the state through tax incentives, but this highlights even more the spontaneity of such attitudes.